Pages

Saturday 22 March 2014

A walk by the sea shore


A walk by the sea shore

Retrospecting on every day of past


Far I hear the waves encore


Striking the rocks and rising  fast.



Far and near and fast and slow


In the roads that are laid by


I see busy people in full flow


With vibrant dreams to touch the sky.



In the far western horizon lies the small red sun


There are castles being built by the enthusiastic kids on the sand


As I sit and stare,the sun sets and there comes the moon


The rising waters wash away the castles on the land.


Ah! Their dreams got washed away so soon!



 Yet,I find myself smiling


 The sun will rise again tomorrow


 Even the kids aren’t wailing


 The castles can be built again so why be in sorrow?




  The inspiration behind this poem are the kids that I met in the beach today. Their eyes gleaming with happiness as they played in the sand . I learnt what is true happiness looking at them.
(Photo was taken at Sulthan Battery beach)
This article was published in the college magazine "My Spectrum" and "MITE Chronicles".

No comments:

Post a Comment