Pages

Saturday 22 March 2014

The Dawn of The Dusk

Those were the Evenings, Beautiful Ones....
When we strolled carelessly on the shore,
Sharing laughter and giggles.
As the birds flew home, across the far horizon;
Our names were written on sand,
A colourful variety of shells of all sizes were collected.
But now, there is sorrow and doom.....
Our names, long before, have been washed by White Foam;
Amidst the Loud Roars of the Salty waters,
I don’t know where your Sweet Voice disappeared.
Walking alone has been Tough,
Where are you, my Friend?



This poem was published in the college fortnightly newspaper - 
"MITE Chronicles" for the topic - "The Dawn of the Dusk"  and fetched me a prize too 😊. I always feel connected to the beach as a I grew up in a coastal city.

(Photo was taken at Sulthan Batthery Beach,Mangalore)



No comments:

Post a Comment