Pages

Tuesday 26 August 2014

55 seconds to Death !

Had it not been for my best friend, who repeatedly tried to convince me that I should take a break out of my busy schedules and try something adventurous, I wouldn't have become the lady I am now. Writing this down makes me realize that what doesn't kill you does makes you stronger!

There's nothing that can make for an exhilarating and intense adrenaline rush than falling to the earth at 120 miles/hour after jumping from a perfectly good airplane. Oh yeah, I'm talking about Skydiving! You just got to do it!

My instructor is telling me all the technical details and a few minutes later, we are at an appropriate height and we reach the drop zone. I hold my breath for a minute, relax and make a short prayer and prepare myself for this giant leap.

The next minute, I am in a free fall. The world seems to have stopped for me. I have a 360 degree view of the beautiful Earth from about 5,000 feet above. I am rushing down to the Earth. It's like I'm hanging in the middle of the air. Yet, I feel there's something that has caught me. May be it's a realization – A realization that I am facing death! I have just 50-55 seconds to go. Either I deploy the parachute or I fall flat on earth. And then, there'll be no more of me. Life had been unfair to me sometimes and now I could end it all.

A thousand images flash before my eyes in those nanoseconds. I feel I have let free of the boundless liberated being inside me and surrendered to the Empyrean. My childhood, my parents, my siblings, my friends all seemed to tell me something. My mom is singing a lullaby to me. My best friends and I are taking a stroll at the beach. Only then I realize, I was far too occupied with my busy schedules that I have forgotten to spent good times with my family and friends .I need to buy mom her favorite sarees. I have to shop for a pretty baby dress for my best friend's new-born daughter. I have to go back and live with my parents. I have so many things to do and so many promises to keep.

Not only did I see and hear harmony, but I understood everything. A divine calm swept through my soul. I hear my heart convince by brain. The world is what we make of it. We can make for ourselves a good life here or we can make ourselves miserable.

All this happens in just about 50-55 seconds.

It dawned upon me that the most important things in my life are some of the discoveries of things from people of whom I never would have expected. And I bow my head down to them in absolute respect. Time is so precious. Trust me, it really is! Within a blink of an eye, anything can happen. Just do the best you can, there is no other meaning to life than that.

Here on, I am going to be sagacious. I will love life and I live on my own terms. I'm not going to be afraid to live because I am wise enough to know how the world works. I am going to be loud, assertive and argumentative. If I know that I'm right, I will defend my belief until I have the last say in it. If you interrupt me illogically, I will ask you to shut up .I’m content, complete and peaceful from now. Not scared, not afraid, just excited, and all bubbly inside. If I sow love in years to come, I know that is what I shall reap.

What doesn't kill you does make you stronger. These thoughts that come to me in the last few moments of flight are infinitely precious to me. I realize what is most important is to focus on an instant before it was too late. Life is indeed beautiful and I choose life. I feel a rejuvenating spirit within me. At that very second, I secure myself for a safe landing and activate my parachute. I am viewing the beauty of beautiful terrains of Mother Nature just moments before reaching the Earth's surface. I have now conquered myself and I now know what to do.

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep....

No comments:

Post a Comment